Friday, May 18, 2012

Business Expo Review


In trying to find this expo we discovered that the signs were way too small and there were none on the main roads. The weather was awesome, plenty of parking with a much bigger crowd than I expected!
.
There were alpacas and a bounce house to greet you. Vendors with a table that I can think of right off hand would be as follows:
3 or 4 banks
2 newspapers
2 insurance companies
2 restaurants
2 tanning booths
2 chiropractors
coffee shop
printer
fudge shop
window blinds
house cleaning
Red Cross
Chamber of Commerce
building contractor
interior decorator
Boy Scouts
YMCA
dentist
winery
Radio Shack
home entertainment
fair
security
quilting
investments
radio station
and a band was playing.....
.
We met plenty of people with a couple showing an interest in airbrush tattoos. We got a much better response than I had expected since we didn't have a table at the show.
.
In my opinion this show has the potential to become much bigger than it is. However, There are three areas that I think could be improved upon. One, they would need a bigger venue. The main room was full of vendors. There were also vendors on a beautiful huge side porch that was big enough to have a vendor on each side with plenty of room for a walkway up the middle! The porch is longer than the building and did not lack a vendor to fill it. Two, the other thing this show needs is signs! More of them and bigger! There was one flyer posted in town that I saw. I saw no advertising in the newspaper or on TV. So, where did the crowd come from? There were more people there than at the last gig I did! Three, the last improvement they would need is lighting in the parking lot. When the expo ended it was dark with no lights in the parking lot at all! This made it difficult to find your car but also dangerous to walk to it.
.
Most every table was nicely skirted to the floor and had an assortment of fall decor including real mums! There were a few tables that were not skirted or manned, full of free brochures that I stopped the longest of all the people I saw to look at these tables. What does that tell you?
.
Each booth had a raffle to enter for a free something. Prizes ranged from gift cards from their company to gift cards from home depot and house cleaning. They allowed you to insert your business card instead of filling out each form. If you are thinking about getting a booth at an expo like this, it was expected for you to have a raffle for a door prize. I'm not sure if it is that way at every expo since I have never gone to one before. Another expectation is freebies! I wouldn't suggest pens. I would put some time, thought, and research into this in order to be different. I came home with more pens than I can wrap a fist around. However, I got one toothbrush, one change purse, and a goodie bag with tanning lotion, flip flop note pad, shot glass, and palm tree stir sticks! These are the businesses I will remember! If you go, how will you make sure the customer remembers you?
.
Airbrush Gypsy Temporary Airbrush Tattoos
http://www.AirbrushGypsy.com
804-457-9190
Airbrush Gypsy
.
"Party Performer", "Party Planning", "Party Services", "Party Entertainment", "Event Planning", "Party Tips", "Party Themes", "Wedding Services", "Birthday Party Services", "Party Entertainer"
 Ashland, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Richmond, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment