Tips for a successful children’s party!
1. Plan ahead. The children’s party entertainment industry has peak seasons in the spring and in the fall. Call upon your entertainer 4-6 weeks prior to your event date.
2. Schedule your entertainer to start at least 30 minutes after the set time on your invites. This helps to ensure that all of your guests have arrived and will not miss the show. In addition, consider putting “Entertainer starts at (time)” on your invites, letting your guests know that their prompt arrival is appreciated. The entertainer may need extra time to set up and get prepared. It will be easier and quicker for them to do so with no guests in the room.
3. In the summer months, consider having your party in the morning or afternoon when the sun is not high. For example you may want to have a party from 11am to 1pm with your entertainer from 11:30am to 12:30pm, OR a 10am to Noon party and your entertainer in at 10:30am to 11:30 am. Great afternoon times for a party are after 3pm. It will be cooler for both the guests and the entertainment. This is also important for any animals that may be in the petting zoo.
4. Airbrush Gypsy Entertainment designs our entertainment for parties with 20 or less children. Parties are designed to include temporary airbrush tattoos, face painting or art projects including airbrush t-shirts, tie dye t-shirts, balloon twisting, plaster crafting (kind of like ceramics but easier), and concrete stepping stones which are a seasonal activity. We strive to give you the most for your money in an hour and we are known for our high quality service. If you will have more than 20 children at your party, booking additional time to ensure that your entertainer can finish on time is recommended.
5. Bounce houses can be a great complement to having any entertainer. Inflatables can also hurt the quality of your show as any entertainer will always compete with the bounce house unless you have specifically designed your event for many people and with many things going on, such as in a carnival setting. For a small home party consider deflating your bounce house during the short time of your entertainers visit, or helping your entertainer round up the children so they may start their routine.
6. It is always easier for the children to get in a line from youngest to oldest while waiting for their turn to at each activity your entertainer is providing for them as the little ones have a harder time waiting in line.
7. It is always a good rule of thumb to keep an eye on the weather forecast as your gets closer. In the days before the party as you get a better idea of the weather discuss with your entertainer the options should you have an outside party and there is a need to move the party indoors or reschedule.
8. If you choose to have a mascot character look-a-like entertainer visit, be sure to follow them back out to help them down steps, steep inclines and out of the site of the children who may be trying to follow etc. Mascots are very hot to wear so your entertainer will be anxious to remove the cute furry costume upon returning to their car but wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise if any little ones follow them out.
9. If planning on having your childs party at their daycare or school, be sure to discuss options with the childcare director. Ask about appropriate times to have an entertainer visit. It is important not to interfere with nap times and lunch, etc.
10. HAVE FUN! Kids parties aren’t just for kids. Encourage adults and family members to dance, laugh and have fun too!
Airbrush Gypsy Entertainment
Airbrush tattoos for any party!
Serving Richmond, Charlottesville and Fredericksburg, VA.